sábado, 14 de janeiro de 2017

Gramsci - o pai do "political correctness"

Antonio Gramsci, Cultural Hegemony, and Political Correctness

Angelo M. Codevilla has written a brilliant piece, The Rise of Political Correctness.  For a few days I have been thinking about how to summarize it and add something to it.  I have read it several times and decided I cannot – I cannot summarize it; I cannot add something to it.  If the subject of culture and liberty matter to you, it must be read.
Gray North has written an excellent summary; it is still worth reading the original.
Codevilla traces political correctness to its roots – Machiavelli and communism.  But it wasn’t Marx’s communism that spawned this evil; it was Antonio Gramsci’s.  I have written on this before in the context of libertine-worshipping libertarians; I became aware of the Gramsci connection only because of something I read from Dr. North.
Today’s progressives have gone well beyond Gramsci; Gramsci was only after a replacement.  For today’s progressives, having won the cultural war a generation ago isn’t enough; having destroyed traditional western (i.e. Christian) culture isn’t enough.  They want more; and after they get more, they will want more.
Mais

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário